Showers, Bathtubs, or Shower and Bath Combinations: The Advantages of Each
Featured Image: @madebycarli_KBX8132DL
Central to any bathroom’s function is a place to bathe. However, not all bathrooms are equipped with the same options when it comes to bath time. From stand-alone showers to clawfoot tubs, the choices are vast.
Kingston Brass makes it easy for homeowners to compare showers, bathtubs, and combinations and find exactly what they want. The quality selection of premium showers, tubs, and accessories is the perfect fit for any home.
For homeowners trying to decide which shower or bathtub configuration is best for their bathroom, the following quick guide will break down the advantages of each.
The Reasons to Opt for a Stand-Alone Shower
Shower systems have come a long way over the years. Today a shower system can include anything from a single shower head to a removable hand shower to a rain-like shower head.
Choosing a stand-alone shower is an excellent pick for the following reasons:
- Saves on space: For small bathrooms, a stand-alone shower is a perfect fit. A shower doesn’t need to take up much room to get the job done.
- Affordability: For homeowners on a budget, upgrading a stand-alone shower is much more affordable than installing a new bathtub shower combination. A quick swap of the showerhead can bring new life to an old system.
The Benefits of a Stand Alone Bathtub
Long before modern plumbing was installed in homes across the nation, bathtub-like basins were the go-to choice for cleaning up after a long day of work.
Today, bathtubs come in a variety of forms. From freestanding bathtubs to clawfoot tubs, there is a tub style for any home design.
The following are all top benefits of opting for a stand-alone bathtub:
- Ultimate relaxation: A freestanding tub is an excellent way to add a spa-like setting to any home. Nothing is more relaxing than sinking into a large bathtub at the end of a hard day.
- Added style for larger spaces: For larger bathrooms with open space, a clawfoot or freestanding tub is a great way to add a touch of design to the area. This can prevent the room from feeling vacant and stark.
The Pros of a Shower / Bath Combo
While showers and bathtubs can exist alone, there is perhaps no more beloved choice than the shower and bathtub combination.
This dynamic duo is a great pick for the following reasons:
- The best of both worlds: A bathtub and shower combination system offers homeowners the best of both styles. For a busy morning, a quick shower is ready to go. For a relaxed evening, a soak in the bathtub awaits.
- Options for a busy family: For families with kids and dogs, having the option of a bathtub shower combination is ideal. Kids can enjoy the bathtub for playtime, but a removable hand shower can make it easy to rinse off soapy hair. When it’s Fido’s turn for a bath, the bathtub shower combination will reduce the mess.