How to Install Tub Feet
Featured Image: SKU – VCTND5731B0
Nothing beats the elegant and luxurious feel of a clawfoot bathtub. These tubs are not only a beautiful addition to any bathroom, but they also offer the perfect relaxation option. Soaking in a warm bath after a long day can truly melt away the day’s stress.
For homeowners considering a clawfoot tub, one of the key steps in installation will be installing the tub feet. Tub feet are available in numerous styles, designs, and finishes, making it easy to pick out the perfect tub to match any bathroom design.
Once the tub has been chosen, it is time to get to work installing the feet.
Start by Gathering the Tools and Supplies
To install tub feet, the first step is to gather the appropriate tools and supplies. You’ll need:
- Adjustable wrench
- Rubber mallet
- Set of tub feet
- Accompanying bolts, washers, and lug nuts
Next, Follow Installation Steps
If the tub drain is located in the center of the tub, install the tub feet pointing in more of a horizontal position.
If the tub drain is located at either end of the bathtub, the tub feet need to be pointed in a more outward direction for the installation.
- Turn the tub over and place it on a non-abrasive mat.
- Insert pyramid bolts into the mounting slot at the bottom of the tub.
- Align the feet with the bolt. Insert leg, washers, and nut. Tighten loosely.
- Proceed to the next three feet.
- When all four feet have been attached, tighten the bolts and check the fit.
- Adjust the leg for proper fit. It might be necessary to tap with the rubber mallet to ensure a good position.
- Retighten each bolt.
- Once all four legs are installed and the bolts are properly tightened, carefully flip the tub back over.
- If the tub wobbles, adjust the legs by raising or lowering the adjustment bolt at the bottom of each leg.
Find the Right Tub Feet for Any Clawfoot Tub
Clawfoot tubs are a luxurious choice for any bathroom. Upgrade any clawfoot tub with the installation of brand new tub feet.
Tub feet are available in numerous finishes, including antique brass, oil-rubbed bronze, polished chrome, brushed nickel, and more. Shop Kingston Brass to find a premium selection of tub feet. From the extensive catalog, homeowners can choose a tub with traditionally ornate tub feet set or a tub with sleek and modern style of feet. Regardless of the tub style chosen, the tub feet from Kingston Brass are sure to provide long-lasting and durable service.