Best Farmhouse Laundry Room Ideas
It’s true that the laundry room may not be the most exciting place in the house, but that doesn’t mean that we have to sacrifice style for functionality. After being inspired by our customers on Instagram, we’ve come up with some of the best laundry room ideas and tips to spice up your laundry’s residence.
A quick way to jazz up your laundry room is with a magnificent pop of color on your wall! It can totally change the mood of a room. Plus, painting your wall can protect your walls from moisture and dust. We love how this forest green paint color in the laundry room of @theverestplace complements the gold touches so well.
Other statement paint colors we love are navy blue and a warm-toned ochre.
Dare to redefine the style of your laundry room. Experiment with combining different style elements to your spaces. The end result will always be unique to you and your self-expression. A great example is by @peaches._.and._.dreams. She pairs a vintage sink and contemporary faucet together although her laundry room is mostly in a farmhouse style.
To successfully create an eclectic style, it is recommended to follow an 80/20 rule where 80% of the interior design is one particular style while the other 20% allows room for experimentation.
Get Creative with Cabinetry
Adding cabinets to your laundry room not only helps with storage and organization, but can also aid in concealing baskets or other items that may not be as aesthetically pleasing. We love this mudroom and laundry by @makingmanzanita. Inspired by a locker room, the cabinets are used to store backpacks and jackets when they are not in use. When an item needs to be washed, it is already in the laundry room.
Handy Folding Station
Increase efficiency of a laundry room with a folding station. No more hauling your clothes from the dryer. You would be able to fold clothes immediately from the dryer without all the hassle. @pleasant_hill_design transformed a cabinet into a whole laundry unit. Removing the compartments inside, she replaced it with her washer and dryer. Meanwhile, the top of the cabinet serves wonderfully as a folding station.
It is easy to make your own laundry folding station. Although transforming a cabinet into a laundry unit takes hard work and time, there are faster options to consider. Installing shelving into your laundry room obviously provides you with more room for organization, but with a bit of creative thinking, it can also be transformed to a surface suitable for folding clothes. Another option is a simple wall-mounted folding table.