Things you can do to Prepare your House Before Listing it
The process of selling a house can be tedious and frustrating; strangers walking through your home, open houses on Sundays, etc.
At the end of the day, the goal is always to sell the home as fast as possible and get as much as you can for it, but that can be hard to do. To make things a little easier for you, here are some things you can do to make your home sellable.
- Add color: Make your grass greener with grass seed and soil feeder (colorful seasonal plants).
- The appearance of your front door and the hardware on it are also important, nothing that a couple of coats of paint wouldn’t fix.
- Check your driveway. You may need to get a bottle of weed killer and clean your driveway of weeds.
- Stand back and take an objective look at the front of your house, see if there is anything that you can do to improve its appeal.
The kitchen is undoubtedly one of the most important spaces in the house. As the heart of a home, the kitchen can either boost or decrease the sale-ability of your home.
- Remove clutter from the counters; it makes the kitchen appear more spacious.
- Consider upgrading your kitchen faucet. You may need to invest $200 to $300, but it will most likely give you the best return on your investment. Select a functional faucet that fits into your existing kitchen’s decor.
- Upgrade the cabinet hardware; you’ll be surprised how different your cabinets will look with new knobs or pulls.
- Just as in the kitchen, removing clutter will give your bathroom a much roomier feel.
- Upgrade your shower head. For a small investment, you can give your bathroom a more luxurious feel and appearance.
- Upgrade your faucet. You don’t have to purchase an expensive name brand faucet to impress, and there are many options available now that will give your bathroom a more updated look.
- Update your bath accessories. Many times our towel bars and toilet paper holder become outdated; replacing these is items is something that does not require the help of a handyman.