Rectangular vs. Oval Bathroom Sink: Pros/Cons
Featured Image: LB18127
For homeowners interested in sprucing up a bathroom without investing in a costly remodel, choosing a new sink can be the ideal fit. A new bathroom sink will improve the look and feel of the entire room without breaking the bank.
When it comes to picking out a new bathroom sink, the options are nearly limitless with all of the different styles, sizes, colors and designs. Still, the most popular choices that homeowners can’t get enough of are rectangular and oval sinks.
Both styles offer a unique set of pros and cons, and which choice is right for any specific bathroom has a lot to do with personal preference. The following guide can help homeowners interested in these two sink styles decide between the two options, landing on the ideal sink for any home.
Choosing a Rectangular Sink
Rectangular sinks feature squared corners and are available in numerous colors and styles. When choosing a rectangular sink, it is important to think through the following benefits and potential drawbacks.
- A rectangular sink has a unique style that makes it stand out. As such, it is a great way to add a special touch of design to a bathroom without requiring a massive remodel.
- Rectangular sinks feature sleek lines. This makes them an excellent pair for modern bathroom designs or popular Scandinavian styles.
- With its broad size, a rectangular sink is a perfect way to utilize space in a large bathroom.
- With their square corners, a rectangular sink does not pair well with more traditional designs.
- For small bathrooms, a rectangular sink might overwhelm the space.
Opting for an Oval Sink
Oval sinks are designed with rounded edges and are often a pedestal or basin style. These sinks offer the following potential benefits or drawbacks, depending on the bathroom.
- Oval sinks feature a classic design, which makes them easy to pair with almost any bathroom style.
- Many oval sinks are crafted to fit into small spaces, in some cases even featuring a unique corner mounting edge that allows them to be tucked into a small bathroom corner. This makes them a perfect pairing for guest bathrooms or half-baths.
- Oval sinks can look dated if they are not paired with the right fixtures.
- With their smaller sizing, an oval sink is not ideal for large bathrooms where they can be lost in the open space.
Find the Ideal Sink at Kingston Brass
When upgrading a bathroom sink, shopping Kingston Brass’ quality selection of sinks is a must. Kingston Brass offers a variety of bathroom sink designs and styles, including modern rectangular sinks and classic oval sinks. Regardless of which style is chosen, homeowners can count on the premium quality of every product offered by Kingston Brass.