Featured, pull down kitchen faucet, pull down kitchen faucets, Single Handle Kitchen Faucet, single hole faucet, traditional
Kitchen Faucet 411 #5: Pull-Down Kitchen Faucets
Treasured moments creating memories with family is absolutely priceless, and imagining life without them, meaningless. Having family over for large gatherings or the holidays is a point in time that most people look forward to (or quite the opposite). We all know that big family dinners don’t always go as planned, though. Why is that? While family can be a little bit crazy, a lot of it has to do with cramped quarters and a whole lot of cleanup.
It seems as though designers of sinks and faucets did not keep in mind the enormous pots and pans required for baking for a family of 30. Traditionally, most kitchens have pull-out kitchen faucets. Today, a newer and more improved version called the pull-down is gaining popularity as the faucet that can do it all and give you room to wash those bigger pots.
What is the 411 on pull-down faucets?
- Multiple spray settings: Easily switch between spray modes to make it easy to go from rinsing to filling. Softer modes are great for washing fruits and vegetables as harder modes assist in washing grimy dishes.
- Single-handle: A majority of pull-down faucets have a single-handle lever for added ease in controlling water temperature and pressure in one swipe of the hand.
- Extendable hose: The flexible hose ensures no area of your sink is inaccessible to the water source. Go from watering plants on your counter to cleaning your sink without worrying about your hose becoming tangled.
- High spout-clearance: On average, pull-down spouts have high spout clearances; This will make it very easy to wash those larger pans.
- Higher spout clearance: Because most of these faucets are higher, these cannot be used if there is cabinetry above the sink. This will slightly diminish design choice options.
- Spout reach is sometimes shorter, meaning that the faucet will not always center directly over the middle of the sink.
What kind of style can I use these faucets in?
Pull down faucets come in a variety of styles and finishes, perfect for complementing any home. The preferred styling for these faucets is often modern, due to their more streamlined, minimalist design. However, if you opt for one with a more detailed handle, pull-down faucets can easily become suitable for a transitional or traditional style, as well.