How to Install a Clawfoot Tub Faucet
Featured Image – Athomein_carolina from Instagram – SKU: CCK266K1
For homeowners with a clawfoot tub, the perfect complement to the piece is a new, stylish clawfoot tub faucet. There are numerous designs and styles available on the market, making it easy to pick the right one for any bathroom layout.
The following guide will help break down the types of clawfoot tub faucets homeowners can choose from and specific installation tips based on the style chosen.
Installation Based on Type of Clawfoot Tub Faucet
Installing a clawfoot tub faucet can be a simple weekend project for homeowners who have the right tools on hand and the right plumbing hookups already in place. The important thing to keep in mind when installing a clawfoot tub faucet is that the process will depend a lot on the style of faucet chosen.
Deck-Mount Installation Tips
Deck-mount clawfoot tub faucets mount directly to the deck of the tub, making it a good pick when space is a concern. When installing a deck-mount faucet, keep in mind the following tips:
- Make sure the clawfoot tub has a horizontal deck with the right pre-drilled holes for the faucet.
- Match the deck mount faucet to the existing holes, measuring the distance between each component.
- Ensure that the supply lines will be tucked away from foot traffic. Bumping into the supply lines can cause damage to the faucet.
Wall-Mount Installation Tips
Wall-mount clawfoot tub faucets are another popular choice for homeowners with this style of bathtub. These faucets mount to the wall, keeping the deck of the tub clear and reducing the space needed around the tub for a faucet. The following are important to keep in mind during installation:
- Ensure that there is ample wall space for the faucet to be mounted onto.
- Additionally, for DIY projects, it is ideal to work with a bathroom where the supply line holes are pre-drilled and the appropriate plumbing is already in place.
- Always hand-tighten faucet components to prevent overtightening.
Freestanding Installation Tips
Freestanding clawfoot tub faucets are a great choice when there is ample room around the tub for the fixture. These tub faucets are installed directly into the floor and stand over the clawfoot tub. When installing freestanding clawfoot tub faucets, keep the following installation tips in mind:
- Make sure you have the appropriate plumbing lines for the faucet supply lines. The supply lines will be installed directly into the floor, attaching to the underfloor plumbing.
- Freestanding faucets are meant to be installed on wood floors. For other flooring types, check with a professional plumber. In some cases, you will need to build a specialized platform for the inlet connections.
- Follow the instructions included with the specific freestanding clawfoot tub faucet you purchase for best results.
Shop Kingston Brass
Installing a new clawfoot tub faucet can help spruce up any bathroom. Whether it is a freestanding filler, a deck-mounted faucet, or a wall-mounted faucet, Kingston Brass carries a quality selection of clawfoot tub faucets to match any home design. Shop our online store to find the perfect fit today.