From Fall Treats to Squeaky Clean
During the Fall season, the aroma of cinnamon and pumpkin can be smelled, the crunch of leaves can be heard and the tastiest of treats can be eaten. As Halloween quickly sneaks up, we’ve got delicious recipes brewing and convenient ways to clean up the mess!
For those cool mornings, pumpkin pancakes are the most delicious treat and taste just like Fall!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Set non stick pan to medium heat
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter and milk.
- In another bowl, mix brown and granulated sugar, eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin puree.
- Combine the two bowls and whisk until smooth
- Add oil, butter or cooking spray to pan and scoop 1/3 cup of batter, pour onto pan.
- Let pancakes cook about 4 minutes and flip.
- Scoop up pancake, place on plate, add butter and syrup, fruit, etc.
Recipe by: Nichole- The Salty Marshmallow
A candy covered apple with the sweetest toppings.
- 12 Small apples (red/green/etc)
- 12 wooden sticks
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of red food coloring
- (Optional) Toppings: peanuts, melted chocolate, marshmallows, sprinkles, etc.
- Rinse apples and dry completely.
- Insert sticks halfway through apple
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to boil, temperature set at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn heat off, mix in food coloring.
- Dip apples into the mixture, coating fully.
- Place apples on cookie sheet and add any desire toppings
- Let the candy apples cool down
- Eat & Enjoy!
Recipe: Kelly Senyei- Just a Taste
A healthy snack in a pumpkin costume.
- 1-2 Celery stalks
- Peel tangerines, remove white membranes, as best as possible.
- Rinse celery and slice pieces off the top of the celery
- Place celery pieces on top of tangerines to look like a pumpkin.
Recipe: Bren Did
After creating these sugary treats, a mess is very likely to be left behind. No reason to fret, Kingston has the fixtures to ease clean up! Fixtures such as side sprayers, pre-rinse faucets and soap dispensers can be of convenience especially when baking fall treats.
With those with a fourth hole on their sink deck next to the kitchen faucet, a side sprayer can be installed, assuming your faucet is equipped with one. A side sprayer extends out to thoroughly clean the sink and dishes, especially those with sticky foods. View Kingston’s side sprayers here!
Having a pre-rinse faucet can be a great fixture to have especially during the holiday season but as well as year round. They offer a pull down feature to get all sides of the sink and are restaurant style to get a deep clean. Explore Kingston’s pre-rinse faucets for your home!
Soap Dispensers are a cleanly accessory to have near the faucet. Kingston offers different finishes for soap dispensers to accent your faucet and kitchen decor. When cooking and baking in the kitchen, washing your hands is utmost important to minimize sticky fingers and keep a clean environment!