Colors to Avoid in the Kitchen
Featured Image: @melisaclementdesigns KS8727DXBS
Kitchens are meant to be warm and inviting, a space where families gather, meals are made, and memories are created. For homeowners interested in renovating their kitchen, choosing the right color scheme is a must.
Kingston Brass offers a quality selection of kitchen fixtures for the homeowner looking to upgrade this space. From kitchen faucets to pot fillers to a variety of kitchen accessories, their catalog offers a quality selection of luxury pieces.
When shopping for new kitchen components, keep in mind the following color tips.
Most colors that should stay out of the kitchen are ones that detract from what the room is meant to be — a place where meals are made, and appetites heightened.
Avoid the following color schemes when renovating the kitchen:
- Overly dark themes: Steer clear of an excess of dark browns, blacks, and greys. Dark themes can make kitchens less inviting and detract from the warmth of the room.
- A lack of colors: White, eggshell, and other bland paints should only be used in small amounts in the kitchen. Too much eggshell and white can make the room feel stark.
- Monotone themes: Make sure that there are some vibrant and contrasting colors in the mix when choosing a color theme. Monotone themes can make a kitchen feel cold.
Match the Tone of Finishes
In addition to the above tips, when picking out colors, it is important for homeowners to consider the tone of finishes in the room. For example, if the kitchen features brass finishes, it will be critical to also pick out warm colors to match the warmth of this finish.
For homeowners who plan to upgrade faucets and appliances at the same time as painting, planning out the tone of the room is key.
Always Have a Full Design Plan
Before picking out any color for the kitchen, it is essential to create a full design plan for the area. This can help ensure that everything flows together and that the right number of accent colors are chosen.
Homeowners should ask themselves all of the following as they create a full design scheme:
- What fixtures will be upgraded, and what finish will be chosen for these pieces?
- Does the kitchen feature a backsplash? If so, what colors are in the backsplash?
- What color is the flooring?
- What trim options are there for contrasting colors?
Shop Kingston Brass for Luxury Finishes
For homeowners thinking of upgrading their kitchen with a new color scheme, Kingston Brass offers an array of luxury finishes to choose from. Upgrading kitchen fixtures while adding new paint to the space is the perfect way to create a quick and easy renovation.