Classical Music to Unwind to in the Shower
Did you know that there are actually a number of studies that indicate that listening to classical music has various benefits to our physical and mental health? Interested? Well, we got you covered with 4 different classical music playlists with 4 different moods.
While you can certainly listen to classical music anywhere at any time of day, we would encourage you to listen to these playlists in the shower or while taking a bath for maximum relaxation.
Happy, but Sophisticated
Feeling light on your feet and like the world is your oyster, life is as colorful as ever. You need a classical music playlist to match your worldview and we’ve got a couple of fine recommendations.
If you could compile a pile of classic classical music, it would be this:
- A. Vivaldi “Spring,” 3rd Movement;
- G.F. Handel Concerto for Harp and Orchestra;
- J.S Bach “Brandenburg” Concerto No. 3, BWV 1048, Allegro;
- W.A Mozart Oboe Concerto K. 314
A Little Bitter but Mostly Sweet
Although we may live for the little joys in life with our loved ones, it’s always a good idea to recoup with ourselves at the end of a long day. Here’s some pieces that have a grip on our hearts but soothe at the same time.
For our fellow romantics:
- E. Elgar Salut d’Amour;
- P.I Tchaikovsky “Mélodie;”
- M. Reger Romance in G Major;
- F. Kreisler Liebesleid;
- L. Delibes Dôme épais from Lakmé;
- F. Schubert Impromptu in E-Flat, Op. 90 No. 2;
- F. Liszt “Un Sospiro”
Soothing Spa Vibes
Nothing too exciting or distracting — the following pieces of music slowly meander in and out of the spaces it inhabits and creates an environment suitable for relaxation.
A playlist to inspire peaceful shower thoughts:
- C. Debussy “The Girl with the Flaxen Hair;”
- E. Satie Gymnopedie No. 1;
- C. Debussy Deux Arabesques;
- E. Grieg “Peace of the Woods,” Op. 71
Groovy and Sensational
Sometimes you need something to inspire change, and this playlist might just be it! The below pieces may challenge your notion of what classical music is — they’re fun and even rebellious.
The Bold and Revolutionary:
- N. Kapustin Prelude No. 23, Op. 53, Moderato;
- G. Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue;
- C. Bolling Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio, No. 1