Choosing the Best Toilet Tank Lever for Your Bathroom
Whether it’s called a toilet tank lever or a flush handle, this part of the toilet is essential for everyday operation. Yet it’s surprisingly prone to damage and will eventually snap off at the base after years of use. Even if the toilet’s current tank lever is in good shape but less than attractive, it’s very easy to swap out for a better-looking design. Here’s what a homeowner needs to know to choose a toilet tank lever that matches their toilet.
Match the Arm Length
The first thing to consider is the total length of the current (or former) toilet tank lever arm. While it’s possible to add a longer arm as long as it doesn’t hit the wall or tank, a shorter lever is unlikely to fit. If the tank lever arm snapped off and can’t be measured, check the manufacturer’s replacement to find specifications. Use those numbers to shop around rather than feeling limited to standard designs from the manufacturer.
Consider the Mount Style and Angle
Aside from the length of the toilet tank lever arm, match the mounting style and overall angle of the lever for a perfect fit. The mounting styles include:
- Front mount, which is the most common method with a wide variety of arm lengths and styles
- Side mount, which is more likely to strike a wall or rub against the tank unless perfectly sized
- Angle mount, which holds the lever in a convenient location on a rounded or differently shaped tank
- Long-reach mounts, which lift the lever up from a concealed cistern so it’s easy to reach
- Button mounts, which replace surface flush buttons that replace traditional toilet tank lever arms
Try a Universal Fit
When it’s not possible to match the perfect angle, style, and length, a universal replacement arm is a good choice. It may take a little adjusting to fit every toilet, but most of these levers work when matched to a general mounting style. Universal fit arms give homeowners access to the widest range of replacement styles.
Select a beautiful toilet tank lever for any bathroom from our selection here at Kingston Brass. There’s a lever arm to fit every length, angle, and mounting style.