5 Ways to Give Your Kitchen Some Character
With 2019 finally here, there isn’t a better time to spruce up your kitchen! Parties are hosted, dishes are washed, food is prepped, and meals are eaten all within this one essential space. Its constituted of the fundamental fixtures, which include the refrigerator, faucet, sink, oven, microwave, stove, and table. All of these items are necessary to have a functional kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you should stop there.
This year, give your kitchen some character with a little bit of personalization! Kingston Brass can help you abstain from plain and go for bold.
- Daring colors. Nothing stands out more than opting for courageous colors instead of the traditional whites, beiges, browns, and greys. This year, color your kitchen with the bounce of blue, oomph of orange, pluckiness of purple, grandeur of green, richness of red, or the majesty of yellow. Whether embodied by something as small as a single vase or something as sizable as the cabinetry, fixing up your kitchen with color rather than the mediocrity of the norm will elevate your entire home significantly.
- Fun patterns. If the solidity of color isn’t for you, consider the alternative of eye-catching patterns. Tartan, checkered, striped, floral, spiraled, brick, hexagonal, and tiled patterns can all rejuvenate your home and give it an entirely new dimension. Within the kitchen, there are many opportunities to incorporate a pattern including the backsplash, wallpaper, towels, and even a rug. Consider contrasting your pattern with a complementary solid color for extra pop.
- Decorative utensils. Why not incorporate beautiful cooking tools or exquisite pieces of pottery that can also double as a functional tool into the kitchen? Display a set of matching cooking tools like spatulas, tongs, spoons, whisks, and ladles in a decorative holder, utilize a unique hand-crafted bowl to store fruits, leave your stately set of wood cutting boards on the counter, or display your latest baked delicacy on an outstanding cake stand!
- Fascinating cookbooks. Whether you actually utilize them or not, it could be fun to display some cookbooks using some of the decorative utensils as listed above as bookends. Regardless of whether you read them or not, no accessory gives a room more character than a good read.
- Pick some fresh flowers. It is one thing to have to cook, eat, and do chores in the kitchen, but it is another thing to genuinely enjoy the kitchen. Bring your kitchen to life by flaunting freshly-picked flowers in an ornamental vase to truly make it an enjoyable space. Their bright petals and flowery scent can make your home feel inviting, which is the icing on top of the cake when hosting big parties or small get-togethers.
As a central spot in the house, the kitchen must live up to its name. This year during your next home refurbishment, incorporate Kingston Brass’ essential fixtures into your kitchen and then give it some zing by giving it some more character with daring colors, fun patterns, decorative utensils, fascinating cookbooks, and fresh flowers.