5 Bold Design Tips for the Bathroom
Featured Image – @5stargolden from Instagram -SKU: KS7122AX
When it comes to bathroom designs in 2022, busy and bold are at center stage. Say goodbye to the simple whites and muted grays of the past and welcome in extra color, lighting, luxury fixture upgrades, and more.
For homeowners who want to embrace their bold side, the bathroom is the perfect place to begin. Generally one of the smaller rooms in the home, it doesn’t take a large budget to make a big impact on this space. An upgraded faucet, a freshly painted wall, and a creative take on lighting this space can all go a long way in rejuvenating the bathroom.
In this guide, homeowners can learn from five bold design tips for the bathroom, finding inspiration for allowing creativity and imagination to run free in the creation of a new bathroom style.
1. Choose a Bold Color Palette
They say a fresh coat of paint is all it takes to renew the energy of a room, and for the bold bathroom, new paint is the perfect place to start. By setting the tone with an updated color palette, the rest of the room design can follow.
One of the top bold color choices making its way to the forefront in 2022 is green. From rich deep greens that mimic the colors of the forest to bright, vibrant hues that have a tropical tone, choosing to implement green into the bathroom is a quick way to bring life into the space.
When pairing bathroom fixtures with a vibrant green palette, opt for oil-rubbed bronze, matte black, antique brass, or antique copper finishes. These fixture finishes will make the perfect contrast against the natural richness of greens.
Another popular bold color palette for the bathroom is to implement bright and deep blues. Blue has long remained a popular bathroom choice due to the soothing nature of the color, but in 2022, it’s going to be all about choosing the strongest and most vibrant hues in this palette. When designing a blue-based color palette, consider contrasting with polished chrome fixtures and a bright orange accent piece. This will help bring out the richness of the blues while adding to an enticing and lively design.
2. Get Creative With Wallpaper Patterns
Wallpapers took a break from the limelight for a number of years, but recently they have made a strong comeback that is here to stay. When looking to design a bathroom with an extra busy style, consider using bold wallpapers and coverings.
Today, modern technology allows stunningly vivid patterns to be printed on easy-to-apply wall covering sheets. From tropical leaf patterns to scenic murals, the options are as wide as a homeowner’s own creativity.
When choosing a bold wallpaper pattern, think through how it will be incorporated with the rest of the room’s design. For example, for the homeowner that chooses a tropical-themed wallpaper pattern, adding in freestanding sinks, ornate faucets, and polished gold finishes will help imbibe the spirit of an oasis.
The key is to showcase the wallpaper as if it were a hanging piece of art. Bring out the colors of the pattern with contrasting fixture finishes.
3. Bring the Nature Indoors
Perhaps it was all the time people spent indoors on lockdown. Maybe it is a natural swing away from the digital era when so much time is spent hunched over laptops and phones. Whatever the case, nature is being brought back into homeowners’ lives in creative ways. From living walls to hanging indoor plants, the bathroom with its higher levels of humidity is the perfect place to turn into a greenhouse of sorts.
When opting to introduce living plants and other naturally focused elements, be sure to make the most of any natural lighting the room offers. Not only will natural lighting help contribute to the health of any living plants, but natural lighting creates a brighter feel for the room. When homeowners amplify light spilling in from windows, it also contributes to a dynamic space with the lighting changing throughout the seasons to bring out different elements of the room.
For homeowners with a lack of natural lighting, many modern lighting fixtures are designed to mimic the color spectrum of the sun. Upgrade light bulbs and invest in improved fixtures to bring the energy of the outdoors into the home.
4. Make the Most of Matte Black Fixtures
One of the most popular bold trends for bathrooms in the year ahead is the use of matte black fixtures. Matte black, with its dark, rich finish, makes it the perfect accompaniment to boldly colored walls, busy wallpaper patterns, and sleek fixture choices.
When looking to add matte black into a bold room style, consider the following choices:
- A matte black vanity with stainless steel sink: Part of the Kingston Commercial collection, this stunning matte black vanity invokes bold design and smooth lines. This makes it the perfect piece to enhance a contemporarily styled home. Paired with the matte black finish is a heavy, durable, and beautiful stainless steel sink. Together, the entire piece is the perfect contrast against wallpapers or brightly painted walls.
- Concord solid matte black towel ring: For bathrooms, the key to pulling together a new design is to pay attention to the smallest of details. The Concord towel ring offers a stylish, convenient place for hand towels to hang. Pair with brightly colored linens for an eye-catching contrast.
- Claremont matte black single-handle bathroom faucet: When it comes to bold, it is hard to beat the contouring and rectangular configurations of the Claremont single-handle bathroom faucet. The matte black allows the design of the faucet to shine, while the richness of the finish helps to create a dark and stunning element.
5. Design a Personal Spa
This year spathrooms, aka bathrooms that implement the luxuries of a spa, are all the trend. These bathrooms feature bold fixture choices with premium upgrades, such as clawfoot tubs, ornate freestanding tub fillers, and towel warmers. The idea is to create a bathroom that is as enticing as walking into a high-end spa, all from the comfort of home.
Try out a few of the following fixtures to turn your bathroom into a boldly designed spa:
- Aqua Eden Cast Iron Double Ended Clawfoot Tub: Nothing says spa quite like a clawfoot tub. Since the late 19th century, these ornate pieces have been the pinnacle of luxury in the home. With its incredible grandeur, the Aqua Eden cast iron clawfoot tub allows homeowners to soak away the stresses of life while incorporating an eye-catching piece of design.
- Kingston Brass Freestanding Clawfoot Tub Faucet in Antique Brass: Elegant, sophisticated, and exquisite are all words used to describe the antique brass freestanding clawfoot tub faucet. This piece offers far more than a comfortable function; it creates a sense of luxury like that found at a spa.
- Victorian Shower Head in Brushed Brass: For the homeowner who might not have the space to add in a freestanding tub, this Victorian shower head will allow for a compact spa experience. The rain showerhead features 141 water channels, allowing for the enticing experience of cascading rain. The brushed brass adds to the bold elegance of the piece, creating the perfect accent for a spa-themed bathroom.
- Kingston Brass Templeton Freestanding Plug-In Towel Warmer in Brushed Nickel: Traditional elegance meets the luxury of technology with this freestanding plug-in towel warmer. With sleek lines and a bold brushed nickel finish, this bathroom accessory will allow you to step out of the shower and immediately into the warmth of a freshly heated towel.
Shop Kingston Brass to Create a Bold New Look
The bathroom is the perfect place to experiment with a bold new look, and in 2022, it’s all about allowing creativity to flow. Kingston Brass makes the ideal place to start any journey into a bathroom renovation. With stunning fixtures featuring bold finishes, there is something to match any upgrade in style. Shop the Kingston Brass catalog today to find premium bathroom products for the home.